Join Us for A Knitting Murder Mystery Weekend Event in Ohio from March 17th to 19th
*** UPDATE: Spaces are selling quickly, so don't wait too long before you book your spot!***
Join us for a knitting-filled murder mystery weekend in Ohio from March 17th to 19th, 2023! Our Founder, Cheryl, will be joined at the *skein of the crime* by Melissa Leapman (yes, that Melissa Leapman!) to host you for the knitting portion of a weekend that requires both your sleuthing and knitting skills. We’ll be at The Grand Resort, in Warren Ohio, in between Cleveland and Pittsburgh, for a murder mystery run by "Keith & Margo's Murder Mystery Weekend," which has been running mysteries for more than 30 years. The murder mystery is for both knitters and non-knitters, and there will plenty of fun, swag, knitting time, and a giveaway, just for knitters.
The murder mystery kicks off Friday, March 17th, at cocktail hour, and the murderer is revealed on Sunday, March 19th during breakfast (we’ll have a farewell lunch on Sunday just for knitters – see below!). The Murder Mystery Weekend package at The Grand Resort includes two nights hotel, cocktail hour with heavy appetizers on Friday, three meals on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday, as well as the murder mystery entertainment. The price is based on double occupancy and the level of room you select – all of the information is available on The Grand Resort website. You must first reserve your room and package with The Grand Resort, regardless of whether you are a knitter or not. **Note: You will register for a double occupancy room at The Grand Resort which has two spaces for the Murder Mystery Weekend activities, so you may want to find a roommate to split the cost! There is no single supplement option for this package at the hotel.
In addition to the above, knitters who purchase the “Knitting Detective” Package through Row House will also get the following:
- Access to our private knitting room where we discuss clues (sometimes) and also knit and chat.
- Gift bag, which includes a kit of Melissa Leapman's Tullaghan (a magical scarf or cowl with different cables on each side) with Erika Knight British Blue 100, in your choice of yarn color, and other goodies
- Meet and Greet and Knit on Friday night after the cocktail hour, a casual space and time to meet the other Knitting Detectives
- Solving the Mysteries of Reversible Cables lecture by Melissa Leapman
- Office Hours with Melissa and Cheryl to discuss questions about Tullaghan, any other knitting questions you have, or just hang out and knit
- Murder Board Knit-a-long – just like the professionals, we’ll assemble for a private session to work through the suspects and the clues to make progress on solving the case – while knitting!
- Farewell lunch – after the live murder entertainment has concluded, we’ll assemble for one last time for a light lunch Sunday and some final knitting time before people head home.
- Entry into our Giveaway!
To join us:
1) First, you’ll need to first reserve a room at The Grand Resort to ensure that there are still murder mystery rooms available.
2) After you reserve your room, you can purchase your “Knitting Detective” Package at rowhouseyarn.com (here's the link).
Spaces are limited, so sign up today to reserve your spot!
Cancellation policy: Your purchase of a Knitting Detective Package is non-refundable after February 22, 2023 (gift bags will be mailed out March 1st via USPS Priority Mail). Please see The Grand Resort’s cancellation policy with respect to the Murder Mystery Weekend package purchased from them.
COVID 19 policy: Melissa and Cheryl are both vaxxed and boosted, and we will take COVID tests on Friday before the events kick off. We request that everyone take a COVID test on their own before events begin on Friday, and we will have complimentary tests available at the venue, should you wish to test over the weekend. Please do not join events if you are feeling unwell to ensure everyone's health and safety.
Leave a comment