Your projects and excitement blew us away - we're delighted to announce that the winner of our Schitt's Creek Knitflix-a-thon (and a $200 Row House gift card) is @dutchjesss (her Instagram handle).
We'll be reaching out to everyone on Instagram and Facebook to get your ideas for our next Knitflix-a-thon, so stay tuned.
Crafting is one of our ways of managing stress and being creative every day. And we love a good excuse to bingewatch our favorite shows.
So join us for our next 'Knitflix-a-thon' to Schitt's Creek - Seasons 1 - 6!
(And there'll be a giveaway at the end, details are below)
What is a 'knitflix-a-thon', you ask?
Well, it means that starting on January 12, 2021 and ending on February 26, 2021, we're going to watch 2 episodes of Schitt's Creek a day (they're short :)) - starting from Season 1, Episode 1, watching the entire series. We'll be knitting a project that makes us feel very 'Moira Rose.' We'll post stories on the episodes we're watching and updates on our project on Instagram.
We'll be knitting Cecelia Campochiaro's Rizumu in Natural and Very Black (a very Moira color combination). We've put together kits for Rizumu, if you are looking for inspiration.
And we'll be connecting with you through our Knitflix-a-thon Private Group on Facebook to share thoughts on the episodes we're watching, our project, and your projects!
I want to watch/rewatch Schitt's Creek too (and enter the Giveaway :P). How can I join in?
1) Pick a project that makes you feel very 'Schitt's Creek' - any project, any yarn. Whatever makes you happy:
- Knitting or crochet? Yes.
- Beginner or advanced? Yes.
- Colorwork, lace, cables or garter stitch? Yes.
- Someone else's design or your own? Yes.
- Something you're already planning on knitting or crocheting for a K/CAL? Yes.
- With yarn from your stash? Yes.
For us, that means knitting the two color Rizumu shawl in a color palette that is all Moira, but it could be something completely different for you. (A David sweater; a plaid cowl for Stevie; a headband for Alexis - the possibilities are limitless).
2) Post WIP and FO pics on Instagram using the hashtag #rowhouseknitflix any time between January 12, 2021 and February 26, 2021, and we'll be sharing your creations on our Instagram (@row_house). You can always DM us pictures, if your account is private.
3) Join our Facebook Knitflix-a-thon Private Group to connect with everyone else and share thoughts on the Schitt's Creek episodes, or ask questions about anything - including questions about your project or general crafting questions.
4) Watch Schitt's Creek with us. And if you miss a day or two, it's no big deal - we've allowed a few extra days, just in case ;)
Oh, and did we mention the GIVEAWAY?
After the 'Knitflix-a-thon' ends on February 26, 2021, we'll be picking one lucky winner to receive a $200 Row House gift card.
Here's how you enter:
1) Follow @row_house on Instagram.
2) Tag a friend (or more) who loves Schitt's Creek too.
3) Post your finished 'Knitflix-a-thon' project on Instagram and use the hashtag #rowhouseknitflix. If your account is private, you will need to DM us the pic.
- Note - your project has to be finished. Mistakes are totally okay, and beginner projects are great. But it has to be finished.
4) The Giveaway ends at 9PM PT on February 26, 2021.
5) Winners will be announced here and on our Instagram on March 1, 2021.
6) This giveaway is not affiliated with or endorsed by Instagram. Winner must have a shipping address in the US, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, or the UK.
What if I get too busy?
This is a zero pressure 'Knitflix-a-thon.' Don't let it stress you out - get back to it when you can (and still use the hashtag so that you can show it off to everyone else, regardless of when you finish it).
What if I want to knit a project, but I don't know how to knit?
We've got beginner kits, free beginner patterns, and tons of YouTube videos (we call it KnitSchool) to help you start. You choose what you want to make, and what you want to use, and we're always available to help by DM or videochat.
We can't wait to see what you create!