Summer Movie Festival Knitflix-a-thon
XX GIVEAWAY CLOSED xx - Winner is @teenanneo on Instagram.
Can't wait to see you again on our next Knitflix-a-thon!
**UPDATE: We've scheduled Knitflix-a-thon Virtual Knit Nights on 2 Mondays from 5 pm Pacific/8 pm Eastern; our final VKN for the summer will be Monday, August 2nd. Signups are through Eventbrite (link here), so join us, if your schedule permits for some movie talk, some crafting talk, and whatever else you want to chat about. As always, all fiber artists are welcome.**
Crafting is one of our ways of managing stress and being creative every day. And we love a good excuse to rewatch favorite movies, and find new favorites, especially movies made by the 'knitterati' (or famous knitters).
So join us for our next 'Knitflix-a-thon' - a Summer Movie Festival celebrating the 'knitterati'!
(And there'll be a giveaway at the end, details are below)
What is a 'knitflix-a-thon', you ask?
Well, it means that starting on July 13, 2021 and ending on August 10, 2021, we're going to watch 2 movies a week, each of which has a knitter as a lead actor. We'll be knitting our Fleet socks in Birch Hollow Fibers Sylvia Sock because socks are a great summer project - they're portable and small. We'll post stories on the movies we're watching and updates on our project on Instagram, and we'll be regramming your stories and project photos.
If you're looking for inspiration for your Knitflix-a-thon project, we have Fleet Kits available.
And we'll be connecting with you through our Knitflix-a-thon Private Group on Facebook to share thoughts on the movies we're watching, our project, and your projects!
Here's the schedule!
I want to watch/rewatch movies too (and enter the Giveaway :P). How can I join in?
1) Pick a project that makes you feel very 'knitterati' or summer vibes - any project, any yarn. Whatever makes you happy:
- Knitting or crochet? Yes.
- Beginner or advanced? Yes.
- Colorwork, lace, cables or garter stitch? Yes.
- Someone else's design or your own? Yes.
- Something you're already planning on knitting or crocheting for a K/CAL? Yes.
- With yarn from your stash? Yes.
For us, that means knitting Fleet socks, but it could be something completely different for you. The possibilities are limitless.
2) Post WIP and FO pics on Instagram using the hashtag #rowhouseknitflix any time between July 13, 2021 and August 10, 2021, and we'll be sharing your creations on our Instagram (@row_house). You can always DM us pictures, if your account is private.
3) Join our Facebook Knitflix-a-thon Private Group to connect with everyone else and share thoughts on the Schitt's Creek episodes, or ask questions about anything - including questions about your project or general crafting questions.
4) Watch movies with us. You pick the time that works for you to fire up Netflix or Prime :) And if you miss a week, it's no big deal - this is a low stress event ;)
Oh, and did we mention the GIVEAWAY?
After the 'Knitflix-a-thon' ends on August 10, 2021, we'll be picking one lucky winner to receive a $200 Row House gift card.
Here's how you enter:
1) Follow @row_house on Instagram.
2) Tag a friend (or more) who loves the 'knitterati' and movies and summertime too.
3) Post your finished 'Knitflix-a-thon' project on Instagram and use the hashtag #rowhouseknitflix. If your account is private, you will need to DM us the pic.
- Note - your project has to be finished. Mistakes are totally okay, and beginner projects are great. But it has to be finished.
4) The Giveaway ends at 9PM PT on August 10, 2021.
5) Winners will be announced here and on our Instagram on August 12, 2021.
6) This giveaway is not affiliated with or endorsed by Instagram. Winner must have a shipping address in the US, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, or the UK.
What if I get too busy?
This is a zero pressure 'Knitflix-a-thon.' Don't let it stress you out - get back to it when you can (and still use the hashtag so that you can show it off to everyone else, regardless of when you finish it).
What if I want to knit a project, but I don't know how to knit?
We've got beginner kits, free beginner patterns, and tons of YouTube videos (we call it KnitSchool) to help you start. You choose what you want to make, and what you want to use, and we're always available to help by DM or videochat.
We can't wait to see what you create!