Thanks so much to everyone who joined in! We had such a great time, and we hope that you did too. And we're already planning our next Knitflix-a-thon, so stay tuned!
And (drumroll please) the winner of the Gilmore Girls Knitflix-a-thon Giveaway is @mirandadawn13 (IG handle). We'll be in touch by DM to get you your Row House gift card.
Crafting is one of our ways of managing stress and being creative every day. And we love 'Knit/Crochet A Longs,' so we wanted to put our own spin on it, especially given all of the challenges that so many of us are facing right now.
So . . . we're having a 'Knitflix-a-thon' to the Gilmore Girls (Seasons 1 and 2)!
(And in fine Stars Hollow tradition, there'll be a giveaway at the end, keep reading for details about ours . . . )
What is a 'knitflix-a-thon', you ask?
Well, it means that starting on May 7, 2020 and ending on June 19, 2020, we're going to watch 1 episode of Gilmore Girls - starting from Season 1, Episode 1 - every day, and we'll be knitting a project that makes us feel that Stars Hollow love. We'll post stories on the episodes we're watching and updates on our project on Instagram.
And we'll be connecting with you through an Instagram private DM group to share thoughts on the episodes we're watching, our project, and your projects!
I want to watch/rewatch Gilmore Girls too (and enter the Giveaway :P). How can I join in?
1) Pick a project that brings Stars Hollow love to you - any project, any yarn. Whatever makes you happy:
- Knitting or crochet? Yes.
- Beginner or advanced? Yes.
- Colorwork, lace, cables or garter stitch? Yes.
- Someone else's design or your own? Yes.
- Something you're already planning on knitting or crocheting for a K/CAL? Yes.
- With yarn from your stash? Yes.
For us, that means knitting a cowl (with lips - we mean?!?!) in a colorway that Lorelai would wear, but it could be something completely different for you. (A sweater inspired by Chilton colors; a scarf for Luke; a hat for Lane, an apron for Suki - the possibilities are limitless).
2) Post WIP and FO pics on Instagram using the hashtag #rowhouseknitflix any time between May 7, 2020 and June 19, 2020, and we'll be sharing your creations on our Instagram (@row_house). You can always DM us pictures, if your account is private.
3) Join our Instagram private DM group to connect with everyone else and share thoughts on the Gilmore Girls episodes, or ask questions about anything - including questions about your project or general crafting questions. DM us to be added to the group.
4) Watch Gilmore Girls with us. And if you miss a day or two, you can always make it up with a longer bingewatching session the next day ;)
Oh, and did we mention the GIVEAWAY?
After the 'Knitflix-a-thon' ends on June 19, 2020, we'll be picking one lucky winner to receive a $200 Row House gift card.
Here's how you enter:
1) Follow @row_house on Instagram.
2) Tag a friend who loves Gilmore Girls too.
3) Post your finished 'Knitflix-a-thon' project on Instagram and use the hashtag #rowhouseknitflix.
- Note - your project has to be finished. Mistakes are totally okay, and beginner projects are great. But it has to be finished.
4) The Giveaway ends at 9PM PT on June 19, 2020.
5) Winners will be announced here and on our Instagram on June 22, 2020.
6) This giveaway is not affiliated with or endorsed by Instagram. Winner must have a shipping address in the US, Canada, or the UK.
What if I get too busy?
This is a zero pressure 'Knitflix-a-thon.' Don't let it stress you out - get back to it when you can (and still use the hashtag so that you can show it off to everyone else, regardless of when you finish it).
What if I want to knit a project, but I don't know how to knit?
We've got beginner kits, free beginner patterns, and tons of YouTube videos (we call it KnitSchool) to help you start. You choose what you want to make, and what you want to use, and we're always available to help by DM or videochat.
We can't wait to see what you create!