!! GIVEAWAY CLOSED !! - It was great to see so many #rowhouseknitflix entries for our Downton Abbey Knitflix-a-thon Giveaway. We're pleased to announce that the winner is @sip1knit2 (their Instagram handle)!
Crafting is one of our ways of managing stress and being creative every day. And we love a good excuse to bingewatch our favorite shows.
So join us for our next 'Knitflix-a-thon' to Downton Abbey (Seasons 1 - 3)!
(And there'll be a giveaway at the end, details are below)
What is a 'knitflix-a-thon', you ask?
Well, it means that starting on September 25, 2020 and ending on October 25, 2020, we're going to watch 1 episode of Downton Abbey - starting from Season 1, Episode 1 and finishing up with Episode 9 of Season 3 - every day, and we'll be knitting a project (maybe two) that makes us feel very English and/or very Crawley. We'll post stories on the episodes we're watching and updates on our project on Instagram.
We'll be announcing our projects and yarns over the next couple of days, and we'll have kits available for each, if you are looking for inspiration.
And we'll be connecting with you through our Knitflix-a-thon Private Group on Facebook to share thoughts on the episodes we're watching, our project, and your projects!
I want to watch/rewatch Downton Abbey too (and enter the Giveaway :P). How can I join in?
1) Pick a project that makes you feel very 'Downton Abbey' - any project, any yarn. Whatever makes you happy:
- Knitting or crochet? Yes.
- Beginner or advanced? Yes.
- Colorwork, lace, cables or garter stitch? Yes.
- Someone else's design or your own? Yes.
- Something you're already planning on knitting or crocheting for a K/CAL? Yes.
- With yarn from your stash? Yes.
For us, that means knitting a lacy cowl in a colorway that Lady Mary would wear, and a scarf that Mr. Carson or Lord Crawley might wear, but it could be something completely different for you. (A sweater inspired by Tom Branson; a shawl for Lady Violet; socks for Bates, an apron for Mrs. Patmore - the possibilities are limitless).
2) Post WIP and FO pics on Instagram using the hashtag #rowhouseknitflix any time between September 25, 2020 and October 25, 2020, and we'll be sharing your creations on our Instagram (@row_house). You can always DM us pictures, if your account is private.
3) Join our Facebook Knitflix-a-thon Private Group to connect with everyone else and share thoughts on the Downton Abbey episodes, or ask questions about anything - including questions about your project or general crafting questions.
4) Watch Downton Abbey with us. And if you miss a day or two, it's no big deal - we've allowed a few extra days, just in case ;)
Oh, and did we mention the GIVEAWAY?
After the 'Knitflix-a-thon' ends on October 25, 2020, we'll be picking one lucky winner to receive a $200 Row House gift card.
Here's how you enter:
1) Follow @row_house on Instagram.
2) Tag a friend who loves Downton Abbey too.
3) Post your finished 'Knitflix-a-thon' project on Instagram and use the hashtag #rowhouseknitflix. If your account is private, you will need to DM us the pic.
- Note - your project has to be finished. Mistakes are totally okay, and beginner projects are great. But it has to be finished.
4) The Giveaway ends at 9PM PT on October 25, 2020.
5) Winners will be announced here and on our Instagram on October 27, 2020.
6) This giveaway is not affiliated with or endorsed by Instagram. Winner must have a shipping address in the US, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, or the UK.
What if I get too busy?
This is a zero pressure 'Knitflix-a-thon.' Don't let it stress you out - get back to it when you can (and still use the hashtag so that you can show it off to everyone else, regardless of when you finish it).
What if I want to knit a project, but I don't know how to knit?
We've got beginner kits, free beginner patterns, and tons of YouTube videos (we call it KnitSchool) to help you start. You choose what you want to make, and what you want to use, and we're always available to help by DM or videochat.
We can't wait to see what you create!